Monday, September 10, 2012

Church and around home



So on Friday Epp and I went to another youth group, one that’s a bit closer. It’s called Terminal and has a lot more people, about 30 or so. They had a worship band and some games, a lot of Energy. When we arrived we were greeted with enthusiasm by a lot of different people. When they introduced themselves they said two names, their real one and one they had made in English “because foreigners can’t say our names” I was told. Again I had someone translating for me which I’m very grateful for. We also went to the church on Sunday (9th September), again a lot of energy. The service was held in a large hall which had a door leading to a little café. The service was in Estonian but they have these little ear plug things that translate to English, but I only found this out at the end so I’ll try it next week.

The other night Mari and I made spaghetti and I have to say it was the best pasta I have had in my life. 
This is the spaghetti set out to dry



Yum is all I can say




Funny stories for the week:
Our run to Church



This is the Church we went to

We tried a different church on Sunday (2nd September), an English one! So because we were late my host mom told me we were going to take a short cut to the bus stop. Through the forest. I can defiantly say this was the coolest way I’ve ever had to get to church. All dressed up for church and running along a little wet path cutting through the woods. I followed close behind my host mom who was wearing high heels and still managed to fly over tree routes and wet mud without slipping once!


My bus mistake
Well it was my first day taking the bus by myself. So when my lessons were finished I walked through the lines of apartment buildings to my bus stop. So I get onto the trolley bus number one which was right . . . but I forgot to cross the road first so I sat on there for almost 2 hours as it went all the way into town, and back around in a loop. At first I had to laugh because as the trolley drove off I saw some of my classmates who take the same one as me crossing the road and getting onto another trolley bus on the other side of the road. I eventually got off at a stop that I thought was mine. Then got onto bus 10 because that’s the bus I was supposed to come home on. But instead the bus goes through an area I’ve never seen before and stops one last bus stop, everyone gets off . . . except me because I have no idea where I am or whats happening. The bus then pulls into the place where the busses ‘sleep’. I tried to ask for help but obviously I don’t speak Estonian. Eventually the bus driver told me to just wait, so I sat in an empty bus for about 40minutes then it did another round and eventually I got to the right place. Just to show you how long I was on a trolley or bus for, school finished at 2 and I finally got home at 4.30. Lesson learnt, CROSS THE ROAD! I won’t make that mistake again.

2 comments:

  1. Now I finally get it!!
    Why did the chicken cross the road?
    To catch the right bus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you did benefit from not crossing the road Annie :) You got to see a new area and see where ya bus sleeps:)

    ReplyDelete