Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The little frog



On Friday once again Epp and I went to youth but before that we met with three of the other exchange students who I had become friends with at the camp. It was good to talk to them although we didn’t have much time. We spoke a little about school and the language and the Estonian weather, which at the moment is getting very cold and rainy. It was good to catch up with them and hear some of their stories so far.
Later that evening, after youth, Epp and I began the walk home after the long bus ride. It was now almost 11pm, it was dark and the street lights were reflecting in the puddles caused by the days rain. As we walked along chatting away I heard a little splat, splat, splat, and just as I was about to take another step a little frog hopped into the light at my feet. Luckily I stopped before squishing it. We watched it hop along the path laughing when it went splat, splat, splat, along the wet ground.  So the reason I’m writing about this is simply because I told the frog that it would become famous because I would write about it in my blog so there you go little frog you are now famous.

Jaani Church
Saturday evening Epps’ school had a concert in a yellow Church (this is the Church that I usually use as a mark to find my way around old town) so we went to watch that. Walking inside the ceiling stretched up above us, with giant chandeliers to light the inside.  People piled in, filling the rows and the school sang some songs accompanied by a small orchestra. The girls choir sang very well and at the moment they are in Italy singing in an international competition. 

Sunday was off to Church again. The service, lucky for me, was in English this week so I didn’t need any translation. Church was followed by some shopping, which I have to say was rather tiring. After that was juggling with Mari again.

At school during the kids lessons, the teacher gave me a little kids book to read to her. I thought this will be easy because I read to the girls at home. I thanked them in my mind for sitting with me each afternoon while I read to them. The teacher was impressed that I could read a bit and that I knew some colours. So I am making progress.                                           

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha Ahh Thats cute about the frog!.. splat splat splat!:D hahaha im sure he would appreciate it:D

    ReplyDelete